WinMagic's SecureDoc - Securing data on your laptop
Protect your sensitive laptop data with WinMagic's SecureDoc encryption software.
Availability: uWaterloo staff and faculty can download WinMagic SecureDoc and install it on a university-owned laptop.
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows Vista, Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Windows 2003
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional and Home Edition, Service Pack 2 and 3
- Microsoft Windows 2000, Service Pack 4, Security Rollup Package 1
- Macintosh (Intel only)
- Snow Leopard 10.6.5 not available yet
- Snow Leopard (10.6 through 10.6.4)
- Leopard (10.5.2 through 10.5.8)
- Tiger (10.4.9 and above)
Available from the Computing Help and Information Place (CHIP), MC 1052.
- The instructions are intended for IT support staff. The CHIP (MC1052) will be more than happy to help, please call x84357 to schedule a time.
- Make sure to backup all your data before starting this process.